Thursday, December 6, 2012

Valentino S/S 2013




Ok, I know it isn't even close to being spring yet, but I finally got around to looking at the Valentino Spring/Summer collection for next year, and I am in LOVE!  I loved Valentino to begin with - the feminine shapes and florals and the girly class of it - and this collection has only perpetuated that affection!

First, the opening look for the collection


This is so simple, and so sexy; with the subtle cut-out lines that accent the models waist and long legs.  The collection also included a nude version of this dress, and one in navy that fell all the way to the floor. I don't usually go for spaghetti straps, but I'd wear this in a heartbeat!




Next, colour!


This coat is so, luxuriously beautiful. That colour is probably, now, my new favourite colour. I love it.  And I love the cut of this coat! It's flared and feminine but not overwhelming, either.  I'd just want to wear this all day, every day, I don't care if it's 30 degrees celsius.

Next, the black, sheer dresses.




These dresses are so classic and so bewitching.  They're so lady-like and demure, but still so sultry.  I woulcn't know whether to complement them with colourful accessories, or to conserve their dark integrity by matching them with equally gothic pieces.

What next? Oh yes! The white dresses!




I love lace. I really love white lace. These white, lace dresses are so perfect. That's all I can say. And the first one? With the bib? Yes, I do think the bib concept is a tad weird, but on this dress, it just looks like a deep neckline with sheer lace over top. I love it.

I can't wait to imitate some of these looks this spring, and maybe during the winter too - oooh! Brilliant plan! I'll shop for these kinds of looks during the winter so I'll be ready for when Spring comes!  Why have I never thought of this before?

1 comment:

  1. all of these are beautiful, but i think the first one stands out to me. and the second last. i can see myself wear them. but of course that won't happen in real life :)
    thanks for visiting artsy ants and commenting! you're always welcome to stop back in our ant hill for a visit :)

    ReplyDelete