Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Trends I Love!

One of my favourite parts of the Christmas season is the chance to dress up in clothes I'd never wear any other time of the year.  For such a festive time, I like to dress in festive clothes.  These are some trends that I'd like to try this year.


Sequins -



For me, Christmas style is all about sparkle, and I love how sparkly sequins are! I would love to get a full sequin dress, like the blue on above, and wear it with black, opaque tights and black, platform heels.

Of course, for those who'd rather not clothe themselves in neck-to-knee glitter, there are plenty of gorgeous sequinned accessories, like that this beautiful red clutch.




Pearls - 



They're not exactly sparkly, but pearls do reflect light beautifully. They're also classic and simple, and go with just about everything. I also like them because they remind me of polka dots, and I love polka dots.


Vintage/Velvet - 



I love, love, love, love, LOVE vintage clothes! I own quite a few vintage pieces and am always happy to have more.  Etsy.com is a great place to find vintage clothes. In fact, these 2 dresses here are for sale on Etsy, right now!  Dress A is being sold by a shop called CommonNames, and dress B is being sold by Sweetbeefinds.


Red Lipstick -


This one just makes sense!  Red is a colour of Christmas!  I didn't used to think I looked ant good with red lipstick, but I finally found a shade that works with my skin tone.  I love to wear it with a black turtleneck sweater and  pearl earrings.

Santa Hat -



Why? Because I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment