Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bleach Splattered Tank Top



This is another "upcycled" piece.  This tank top is made from a pair of old, black sweatpants that I'd splashed bleach on.  I'd only bought the pants to wear to work, and with the bleach marks I couldn't use them for that any more. So they sat around in a bin until I figured out what do to with them.

I finally figured out what to do with them.



First, I did the obvious and cut the legs off, to make a pair of shorts.  Then I got creative.

I used the bottoms of the legs, with the hem, to make the bust of this tank top. I added an elastic in the middle of the front to create some ruching. Then I used the rest of the legs to make the torso of the top.  Add some eyelet trim as the collar/straps and I've got a lovely shirt, ready to be worn once the warm weather returns.






The lace reminds me of Louis Vuitton's most recent spring/summer collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment